Intex River Run I Sport Lounge
The Intex River Run I Sport Lounge is an inflatable water float that is perfect for river and lake trips. It has a modern, well-thought-out design that incorporates safety and maximum functionality in the float. The tube is made of vinyl and the body is sturdy enough to withstand river currents and strong winds.
Table of Contents
Riversearch.com is Reader-supported. When you purchase gear through links on our site, we may earn commissions.
Weight and Capacity
The tube has a capacity for 1 person, and there is enough room in the tube to get comfortable. The tube can support up to 250 lbs without any problem, which is an amazing feature.
The bottom of the seat is made out of mesh, and this makes the rider comfortable by draining any water that has collected in the tube. To facilitate the rider, the tube has a strong handle which can be used to tow a floater by using a bungee cord. There are 2 cup holders on the deck which are always a welcome addition, and you can carry your drinks without the fear of losing them in the river stream. There is even an inflated neck rest that helps support your back and head through long rides, and your muscles won’t get strained as opposed to other tubes.
The design is incredible, and it ensures maximum comfort for the user. The tube can be inflated using an A/C pump that fits a Boston valve, and your float will be ready to use in no time. To be safe, it is advisable to pump the tube in advance, and then the night before your trip to ensure that there are no leaks. The inflated tube measures 53” x 50”, and you can transport it to the water site in your car.
The vinyl is very strong and reliable, and this makes it safe to use in a shallow river where an ordinary tube may otherwise rupture upon contact with rocks. The handles on the side make the ride secure, and they make sure you don’t fall out of the tube in a rapid current. The light color of the tube makes the tube stay cool throughout the trip, and as opposed to a standard black tube, it won’t heat up and burn your thighs and elbows.
- The cup holders are great and allow you to carry 2 drinks
- The strong handles are awesome for 2 purposes, you can tie your floating cooler to them, and hold them tightly to prevent toppling over in rough waters
- The mesh bottom helps keep you cool while draining the water
- The tube doesn’t heat up, and it won’t tear easily
- The tube can carry up to a 250 lbs rider, and it is roomy and comfortable
- It is very hard to inflate the tube by mouth, and you need an A/C pump to do the job
- The tube is bulky when inflated, and it can be hard to transport it outside the water
If you’re shopping for a river floating tube check out our full guide on the best river float tubes.